Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael


I would like to dedicate a little bit of time out of this busy day (I'm still at work :-( at 10pm...) to acknowledge the passing of Michael Jackson this afternoon on Thursday, June 25th. From being the King of Pop to being the butt of jokes, Michael's life has been full of ups and downs. Riddled with rumours, scandals, personal troubles and legal travails, the latter part of Michael's life has taken off the sheen of his glory days. Being born just after the Thriller era and into the Bad and Dangerous eras (I think it's safe to say those were the heights of his career), Michael's music has been a big part of my childhood. With so many fans looking forward to Michael's final farewell tour that was coming up, this unfortunate news comes as a shock to all. At 50 years young, I think it's pretty safe to say, there's no artist quite like Mike. One way or the other, by adorers and critics alike, he will be missed. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment